This week, we’re bringing back a Southern classic: rendered lard! This everyday favorite fell out of popular use in substitution of butter. Despite many myths about rendered lard, it offers a great alternative that’s low in saturated fats, great for the heart, and back in fashion with the low-carb Keto diet.
Best Uses of Rendered Lard:
- Makes the best fried chicken breading
- Creates flakier pie crusts for a gourmet flair
- Boosting your diet with more Vitamin D
- Absorbs the tasty flavors of your dish
- Eliminates the need for greasy oils and sprays
- Clean, healthy eating that goes back centuries
One of the great things about rendered lard is that it’s environmentally friendly and lasts long in your kitchen! Bring back the tradition of bold, hearty flavors with our local availability at Farm2Counter.